These benefits include:
- decrease in epidural use
- decrease in cesarean births
- decrease in oxytocin use to stimulate labor
- decrease in narcotic use for pain relief
- decrease in forceps use
- decrease in length of labor
Additional benefits have been proven in the areas of maternal post-partum health, mother-infant bonding, and breastfeeding success.
* Klaus, Klaus, and Kennell. Mothering the Mother: How a Doula Can Help You Have a Shorter, Easier, and Healthier Birth. 1992
My services are catered to fit your needs as they are truly unique to your own birth journey. During our interview and prenatal meetings we will cover what services will be specific to you and your birth story!